The Defective Detective
I have the 2000 quixote script. Except the very first page which had been badly scanned, I guess it's complete. Give me your e-mail address through private message and i'll send it to you (i hope you have seen the film beforehand : although it's quite different, all the major beats of the story are already here).
I sent the 2000 script to everyone who asked it so check your mail and if you asked for it and didn't receive it, send me another private message and i'll resend...
I received it thank you! Big Grin
I did too. Thank you!
Same. Thanks again!
Apparently Gilliam is still working on making it a 6-part miniseries for Netflix, although he doesn't seem quite sure about it : https://www.thewrap.com/terry-gilliam-le...-and-more/
Robert Downey Jr. would make a great Defective Detective. Not that I know anything about that. Just sayin'.

[Image: z6lgig5wdud41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...7344293f49]
The good thing is that with Downey Jr. the film would probably get done. The bad thing is I'm not sure he would come cheap Big Grin.
(01-30-2020, 07:19 AM)bruttenholm Wrote: The good thing is that with Downey Jr. the film would probably get done. The bad thing is I'm not sure he would come cheap Big Grin.

Netflix could afford him. Smile

My "dark horse" pick would be Will Arnett, who already has an excellent show on Netflix (Bojack Horseman), in which he played a seriously defective detective in the show-within-the-show (Philbert).

Arnett has always been an excellent comedic actor, but he really stepped up his game and showed he has some untapped dramatic chops with his voice-over work for Bojack.

If you have yet to check out Bojack Horseman, I highly recommend it. The first half of season one is overly jokey and a little predictable, but once it gets into the more tragicomic aspects of the titular character's life and personality, the show really soars.
The only actor I heard Gilliam link to the role after Nolte, Nicolas Cage & Willis was Matt Damon but now it seems that he'll already play a rundown cop for James Mangold so I guess he won't double down on that for Gilliam's project : https://deadline.com/2020/01/matt-damon-...202838201/
When I heard Gilliam praising Avanger's Infinity War, I always wondered if he was interested in Josh Brolin for the part.
Personally, I was thinking recently of Denzel Washington, I think he could be great.