Next project speculation
Hi
Thanks for the updates. I would like to see this film.

A lot of older directors are still creating and I think Gilliam sounds fully committed to getting it made, now. It sounds highly relevant and barbed.

I saw The Marvels  this week in an otherwise empty theatre. That cost something like 300 million dollars and for what?

If Gilliam got a fraction of that kind of money he would go for it and it might actually be the nightmare funhouse mirror Cinema needs to be holding up to “reality”.
Best
Mark

Relevant article
(12-14-2023, 01:40 PM)bruttenholm Wrote: Gilliam is describing one of his scenes from "The Carnival at the end of days" in this new podcast with Rick Rubin (around 47min45) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s0-v21qcL4
Without saying too much (Gilliam don't go into the details really), it involves guatemalan immigrants at the mexican border and donald trump speeches so yeah apparently Gilliam is keen to "push buttons" with this film, as he says.

I get the impression he's trying to be offensive like Monty Python could be, but it comes across like more recent South Park. Punching up, down, left, right and centre.