Did Terry Gilliam bully Lena Headey?
If we've been watching the news, you'll see that the Harvey Weinstein scandal has brought Hollywood's reputation to it's knees. Now, Lena Headey has come forwards with claims about Weinstein, and she also managed to namedrop Gilliam as a "bully", claiming "I was subjected to endless bullying by director Terry Gilliam."

Here's the link.

I call bullshit, placing Gilliams name in the same sentence as Weinstein has dangerously reductive consequences. We all know the making of The Brothers Grimm was a nightmare, but what Headey did there wasn't wise. She must know that by including Gilliam's name in that statement will have conspiracy theorists and bloggers associating Gilliam with the ongoing Weinstein saga. You'd be led to believe from her statement that Gilliam and Weinstein were in cahoots, but as we know Weinstein vetoed Gilliam's original choice of Samantha Morton in favour of Headey, maybe because Weinstein fancied her. Gilliam could have handled the situation better and been a bit warmer, but I can understand his attitude in a way, if anyone has read Bob McCabe's Dreams and Nightmares, the truth is in there.

Any more thoughts on this?
I can't deny the troubles and pain Lena Headey must have faced but I agree that her statement feels problematic by mixing Weinstein and Gilliam. It's no mystery that she wasn't Gilliam's choice and that she was hired while the director was still filming screen tests with Samantha Morton (rejected by Weinstein for sexist reasons) so I can understand that she must have not been welcome on set... Also the problem in the statement is the term "bullying" which can cover a multitude of facts and attitudes.