Jabberwocky: Criterion Collection!!
Terry's first film is getting the Criterion Collection treatment on November 21st!! Good timing as it's also 40 years old, (along with Star Wars and Close Encounters), it's been restored in 4K, and the features include:

Audio commentary from 2001 featuring Gilliam and actor Michael Palin

New documentary on the making of the film, featuring Gilliam, producer Sandy Lieberson, Palin, and actor Annette Badland

New interview with Valerie Charlton, designer of the Jabberwock, featuring her collection of rare behind-the-scenes photographs

Selection of Gilliam’s storyboards and sketches

PLUS: An essay by critic Scott Tobias

[Image: 903_BD_box_348x490_original.jpg]

Need I say more? It's a filthy, funny film led by Michael Palin featuring a who's who of British telly and film of the 1960's and 70's, including Warren Mitchell, Harry H. Corbett, John Le Mesurier, Rodney Bewes, Neil Innes, John Bird, Bernard Bresslaw, Brian Glover and Max Wall!! If you're a newcomer to Gilliam, this is a great entry level film, and he has great fun with the material. Done on a shoestring, and you can see the genius to come in Gilliam's future films!! [Image: 1f603.png]
Link to Jabberwocky on the Criterion website.
I forgot to put the link on, I got so excited! Tongue Thanks cclark.
No prob, Don.
Presumably this will be Region encoded? Hopefully it will receive a UK release like The Fisher King Criterion bluray did
(08-21-2017, 12:46 PM)leoconsole Wrote: Presumably this will be Region encoded? Hopefully it will receive a UK release like The Fisher King Criterion bluray did

It's appeared on Amazon UK, it'll be out on November 20th,
Wow. So it has! Pre-ordered. Thanks for the heads-up. Really looking forward to this one