Top 5 Movies by Terry Gilliam
Top 5 Movies by Terry Gilliam (according to Living Out Loud – LA).

Personally I'm glad to see Dr. Parnassus get some love.
Sadly I always feel that Parnassus would have been so much better if Ledger had not disappeared. It's a fine film but still a bit ill balanced, I think.
I keep coming back to it. It's erratic yet deals with deep and involving themes in such an idroysncratic fashion that I find it fascinating. It contains startling visual poetry. Plummer is amazing. It's obviously a very personal film for Mr Gilliam. I think we're lucky to have it.
And actually the film gain value with each year passing, as this kind of fantastic crazy films go extinct and Gilliam looks more and more like Parnassus himself.
My thoughts, exactly, Sir!

Going to the cinema is becoming a bit of a chore.

With the odd exception, the mainstream seems like technically brilliant but spiritually numbing formula and I am finding very little appealing in the art house.

There seems little emerging magic and poetry to get genuienly excited about. The world sure has changed and in the global image swamp cinema doesn't seem the vital cultural force it once was.

No reason a gallant knight can't gallop onto the barren landscape and battle the boring status quo, though Wink.

M