Jack O'Connell for Toby Grosini ?
Speaking about actors we'd like to see working with Terry someday, I'm throwing the name Bill Murray into the ring. There was an interview with Bill sometime in spring this year(?) which made it sound like Terry was either trying to get him for a small cameo in "Zero Theorem" in an additional scene, or asking him to appear in his next film after ZT.
Jack O'Connell is officially confirmed as Toby.
Quote:A modern and satirical twist on the tale, “Don Quixote” stars O’Connell as Toby, a jaded commercials director who travels to Spain for a shoot and comes across a gypsy who gives a copy of his student film — a lyrical re-working of the Don Quixote story set in a quaint old Spanish village. Moved by the discovery, Toby sets off on a bizarre road trip to find the little village where the student student film was shot and gets caught up in a series of catastrophies.

Adrian Guerra at Nostromo Pictures is producing. Lensing will begin in spring for an expected May 2016 release.
(so the problem of having a young guy having already directed a film is "solved" by having the film be a student film)
Cameron Diaz is the next casting rumour.
(11-06-2014, 03:38 AM)cclark Wrote: Cameron Diaz is the next casting rumour.

Is it for Vanessa Paradis' character?
Away
Jack O'Connell's casting doesn't look like a sure thing anymore :
Quote:CS: I’ve heard rumors that you might appear in Terry Gilliam’s Don Quixote movie which he’s been trying to make for decades. Is that something that might logistically happen?

O’Connell: It was a lot more likely last week, but I don’t think they should have released what they released so that makes it more difficult. I’ve got some decisions to make regarding that.

EDIT : Seems that it's an old interview.
Another bit of interview with O'Connell about the project -don't know when the interview has been done :
Quote:According to online reports, you’re starring in Terry Gilliam’s Don Quixote. Are you aware of the star-crossed history? If so, are you worried? This is information that was released by a production company affiliated with Terry. There’s literally been no confirmation on my side, and that’s so far in the future that I can’t talk definitely about it, so I’m afraid that’s hearsay for now.