Terry Gilliam almost made a sequel to Dr. Strangelove
Terry Gilliam almost made a sequel to Dr. Strangelove (via io9).
Interesting, seeing as Terry is a Kubrick advocate. Son of Strangelove actually sounds like a naive film fan's daydream, but then again it's a match made in heaven.
Away
Theplaylist has more details about the plans of Kubrick for sequels of Dr. Strangelove.
I don't know if these plans were still valid in the 90's.
It looks like Terry Gilliam wanted to another unmade Stanley Kubrick project, Lunatic at Large, this year, and he had a script and cast ready to go, but Coronavirus ruined everything. https://www.indiewire.com/2020/07/terry-...234576319/
The film is apparently taking place in the USA in the 50's so unless the script is a big adaptation I can see how the film would be unfilmable in the current climate with the USA covid situation not slowing down (and with a 80 years old director in the middle of that). Unfortunately, it won't evolve positively soon...
Hi
How about a Terry Gilliam animated feature?
Just dreaming...
M
(07-28-2020, 07:27 AM)bruttenholm Wrote: The film is apparently taking place in the USA in the 50's so unless the script is a big adaptation I can see how the film would be unfilmable in the current climate with the USA covid situation not slowing down (and with a 80 years old director in the middle of that). Unfortunately, it won't evolve positively soon...

Unless he films it in Canada, they've handled COVID-19 a lot better than America have, and Terry made Tideland and Dr. Parnassus there. Besides Terry's age is a factor, considering getting The Man Who Killed Don Quixote made and released nearly killed him. But, since when has age stopped people directing? Look at Clint Eastwood.
(07-28-2020, 07:32 AM)MercuryZap Wrote: Hi
Just dreaming...
M

Well, wasn't he attached to do something for Laika Animation? Unless his ideas were too out there for Laika, besides Laika have suffered their first big flop last year with the hugely underrated Missing Link.
(07-28-2020, 12:59 PM)Donald McKinney Wrote:
Just dreaming...
M

Well, wasn't he attached to do something for Laika Animation? Unless his ideas were too out there for Laika, besides Laika have suffered their first big flop last year with the hugely underrated Missing Link.

Hi
I wasn’t aware of the Laika connection. Would be interesting. Didn’t Kubrick consider hiring Gilliam too do animations for Clockwork Orange?
M
(07-28-2020, 02:38 PM)MercuryZap Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 12:59 PM)Donald McKinney Wrote:
Just dreaming...
M

Hi
I wasn’t aware of the Laika connection. Would be interesting. Didn’t Kubrick consider hiring Gilliam too do animations for Clockwork Orange?
M

Back in 2014, Laika head Travis Knight said they'd talked to Terry. https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/travis-...am-future/

Yeah, Gilliam said Kubrick wanted Gilliam to do the titles for A Clockwork Orange, but he wanted it done in a week, which was impossible. https://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandcult...ry-gilliam