The Making of Quixote
New behind-the-scenes picture :
[Image: DCy1hJ9XUAA9tUF.jpg:large]
Someone uploaded a paparazzi shot of on imdbthat gives a closer look at Jonathan Pryce's Quixote :

[Image: MV5BNTYyYTJiYzYtNWRkZS00NGFiLWIzMWQtMTNl...00_AL_.jpg]
Meanwhile, Portugal Rejects Claim That Terry Gilliam's 'Don Quixote' Shoot Harmed Convent.
Quote:The report published Monday said a program by public broadcaster RTP alleging wider damage "lacked rigor and revealed a lack of scientific knowledge."
Adam Driver talks about Logan Lucky, Don Quixote and Star Wars

Quote:Q: Don Quixote has taken Gilliam 17 years to finish. What's great about your character in that?

A: I remember hearing about the movie when I was in high school. Flash forward how many years, and to be in it is all very surreal. (Toby) directs commercials and he's away from the imaginative, exciting part of being creative – he's stuck in this muddy part of his job and he's lost interest. He comes across Quixote, played by Jonathan Pryce, and it awakens a lot of things for him. Hopefully, hilarity ensues.
Oscar Jaenada (who plays the gipsy in the film, I think) confirms that the premiere of the film is planned for the next Cannes film festival.

Quote:Jaenada acaba de rodar 'The Man Who Killed Don Quijote', de Terry Gilliam, «que estrenaremos en Cannes el año que viene"
All's gone quiet on the Quixote front, I take it post-production is going OK. Plus, what's going on with Paulo Branco and his temper tantrum suit against the film? That's gone quiet.
The judgement said Branco had no rights over the film, just that his deal with Gilliam was still valid, whatever that means. I'm really not worried about it. In a recent article, Gilliam said (without naming him) that Branco wanted to make the film for 6 to 10 million euros, around half the budget planned for the film, so I don't know how Branco would plead that he wasn't at fault with his commitments.
Like I said, Amazon will no doubt step in and sort it out, they'll come up with solutions.
Apparently, Terry Gilliam has completed a rough cut and screened it :

Quote:After 8 attempts & 19 yrs, @TerryGilliam has hit a home run w/ his film "Who Killed Don Quixote". So beautifully told it left me speechless!
Little news : during a professional congress in France, the french distributor Océan Films has confirmed that the french release will be in May 2018.
So 1)a Cannes screening seems quite unavoidable and 2)I guess the other countries will release the film around the same date, too.