The Zero Theorem DVD & Blu-Ray
hi, first time poster here.

This may sound weird, but I'm a little disappointed. I live in Canada, and am able to order the Blu-ray of Zero Theorem from amazon.ca for release on July 22. I DID order it, of course. But the disappointment comes in that I am now going to see, and in fact own, this movie on a home video format before I've ever even had a chance to see it in a theatre! What the hell? It really kind of bugs me. I've been waiting for this movie to appear in theatres for what seems to be forever now, and on an off chance searched for it on amazon today to discover its release here in 2 days!

It was scheduled to be screened at a little art-house theatre here back on July 11th, and I was waiting for that in great anticipation only to have it cancelled. I emailed the theatre manager immediately and he said he was forced to cancel because the distributor said he could not show it before some film festival in Canada in the future that demanded an exclusive release. Now it's coming out on video two weeks later??? I guess that's why it disappoints me.

I will watch it, and I'm quite sure enjoy it, on July 22nd (or whenever my copy gets to me) but it will be disappointing to once again see a Gilliam move at home before on the big screen. Why does this continually happen to Gilliam movies? He is the hardest director to be a fan of.
Gilliam hears your dismay.

Quote:It was made to be seen on a big screen so.. if you want to voice you displeasure email Andrew Frank and Neil Morrison.<andrew@mongrelmedia.com> <neil@mongrelmedia.com>
at Mongrel Media. Maybe you can make a difference.
Away
(07-20-2014, 05:17 PM)Packer Wrote: Gilliam hears your dismay.

Quote:It was made to be seen on a big screen so.. if you want to voice you displeasure email Andrew Frank and Neil Morrison.<andrew@mongrelmedia.com> <neil@mongrelmedia.com>
at Mongrel Media. Maybe you can make a difference.

Well, I followed your advice, and believe it or not, received an answer from Neil to the effect that because of demand they will be doing a theatrical release in Canada after all, and two hours ago they posted this on their facebook page...

Quote:We are happy to say that due to overwhelming demand, we will be bringing Terry Gilliam's latest film The Zero Theorem to the big screen in Canada for a limited theatrical run. Please stay tuned as we will provide more details as they become available.

Thanks for the advice! I'm sure it wasn't me that made the difference, but the timing could not have been more coincidental! Smile
On the other hand, it would be amusing to think they switched their minds because of a single email. Not the one mail that has made it 20,000 all in all or so, but just one! Tongue

"Hey Bill, some guy demands release in Canada!" - "Uhhh...yeah? Let's give it a wide release over there then!"
(07-23-2014, 11:47 PM)TlatoSMD Wrote: On the other hand, it would be amusing to think they switched their minds because of a single email. Not the one mail that has made it 20,000 all in all or so, but just one! Tongue

"Hey Bill, some guy demands release in Canada!" - "Uhhh...yeah? Let's give it a wide release over there then!"

Exactly! I'm so proud! Cool
Recieved my bluray today. Really enjoyed the extras; especially the f/x and set design pieces. Appreciated the inclusion of the London Q&A also. Plan to watch the film again at the weekend and really looking forward to doing so. It's stayed with me since the theatrical run.
This film plays really well in the domestic environment.
Home viewing is very sympathetic to the chamber piece like nature of the film.
The subtleties and tortured humanity of Waltz's extraordinary performance really reverberate and I found took on a new, rich dimension.
via Geeks of Doom.
Quote:Well Go USA will release The Zero Theorem, the latest film from visionary director Terry Gilliam, on Blu-ray on January 30, 2015. Extra features will include a behind-the-scenes featurette, a visual effects featurette, and the theatrical trailer.

Other sites I've checked, including Amazon, have a release date of Jan. 20th. So take the above quote with a grain of salt.
Artwork is the same as the theatrical poster.

[Image: 51GHhMqm4KL.jpg]

[Image: 71VYr-RFmvL._SY679_.jpg]
Official press release from Well Go USA. Also the Jan. 20th release date is correct.