The Making of Quixote
“A lot of people think that I am Quixote now, because I keep banging my head against the brick wall of reality, yet carrying on.” Terry Gilliam

I've been busy on a piece of work that traces the history of Terry Gilliam's Quixote project, from its origins in 1989 to the release of the picture. I have just completed the first part, which takes us from 1989 to 1997, featuring new interviews with Terry Gilliam and Charles McKeown, and a special appearance by Richard Lester. It hopefully will be up here within a week or so.

Phil
Sounds great, Phil!
Cheers
Mark
Fantastic! Looking forward to reading it.
Hm, Terry and Dick Lester. Both have directed films about a flying man. One had a red cape and the other rode a cannon ball.
The article is now available at

http://www.dreamsfanzine.com/donqst01.htm

Let me know what you think.
Thanks Phil
Succinct and intelligently written you pack a lot of information that I either wasn't previously aware of or had unfortunately forgotten into an entertaing tale that serves to amplify our already keen anticipation for a successful resolution to this strange and winding saga.

Well done!

M
Yep, I thought I knew everything about the subject but I discovered new information, great stuff.
Gilliam and Palin have been seen at the premiere of Ron Howard's Beatles documentary, so I hope they're still working together even if we don't see any news coming :
[Image: 1473971608-2225a095eea2aadf22509032b1504f8a-600x515.jpg]
(09-16-2016, 11:34 AM)bruttenholm Wrote: Gilliam and Palin have been seen at the premiere of Ron Howard's Beatles documentary, so I hope they're still working together even if we don't see any news coming :

I understand that Gilliam is thanked in the credits to this film so I wonder whether he'll appear on a bonus feature on the Bluray? (Sorry, this has nothing to do with Quixote).

I'm worried about Palin's lack of facial hair. He grew a moustache for Armando Iannuci's film. Shouldn't he get started on his beard by now if they're filming in October
(09-19-2016, 08:08 AM)leoconsole Wrote:
(09-16-2016, 11:34 AM)bruttenholm Wrote: Gilliam and Palin have been seen at the premiere of Ron Howard's Beatles documentary, so I hope they're still working together even if we don't see any news coming :

I understand that Gilliam is thanked in the credits to this film so I wonder whether he'll appear on a bonus feature on the Bluray? (Sorry, this has nothing to do with Quixote).

I'm worried about Palin's lack of facial hair. He grew a moustache for Armando Iannuci's film. Shouldn't he get started on his beard by now if they're filming in October

Phil: Do we have a date in which filming for The Man Who Killed Don Quixote is suppose to begin? My bet, if you'll excuse the pessimism, is that the film has been delayed again.