Good Omens as a TV series ?
Is Gilliam actively working on a TV adaptation for Good Omens ?
Quote:A reunion of Python, a complete ‘Quixote’… what about the third ‘never going to happen’ project, ‘Good Omens’?

[Resigned sigh] It’s very weird. The script is tied up with some bankruptcy case. Some receiver in North London actually controls it. I’ve been thinking Good Omens would be the perfect vehicle to do on HBO or Showtime. So it’s an extended story that runs for weeks. I actually like our script. I think Tony and I have compressed it nicely. But it could possibly be better on television with a run of 10 episodes.
http://www.flicks.co.nz/blog/amazing-int...y-gilliam/

And from an interview in june :

Quote:“It’s a strange time, so yes, I am in fact talking about a project for television,” Gilliam said to us in the interview. “It will be an eight-part miniseries based on an old script that hasn’t found life in the world of cinema. My big problem is I like making things for the big screen; the scale of the experience is very different.”
http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/terry-gilliam...on-quixote
Cinema Blend discusses Gilliam's previous attempt at Good Omens: Robin Williams And Johnny Depp Wanted To Make This Demonic Movie Together. The article also suggests that with others currently working on various Gaiman-penned projects, Good Omens might get a boost.
I hope Gilliam revisits it. It deserves another go.
Gilliam thinks about Defective Detective as a possible TV mini-series, too.
Quote:Yeah, and you got your start on TV. And I'm just curious, with a lot of the interesting stories now being told on television. And even you've said you really enjoyed Breaking Bad, for instance. Is there any chance you would return to television and use that as your medium in the future?

With cinema, it gets harder and harder to get money for really interesting projects, and then even harder to get good distribution for them and to reach people. And the point always is to reach a lot of people, that's why we do what we do. Richard LaGravenese and I wrote this story called Defective Detective after The Fisher King. And it's been languishing for a long time. And we're beginning to talk about "can we turn it into a miniseries?" Can we stretch it out? I don't know. But it's the first time I've begun to think heading back towards TV might be a good idea in the current climate. I mean I was just totally impressed with Breaking Bad, I couldn't, it was not just…because all the stuff that's coming out of cable is such good writing. And you've got a chance to work with really good actors that don't necessarily have to be big film stars. And so there's much more freedom there. And so many really talented people are gravitating toward it. So maybe it's time has come for people like me.
It'll be good if someone like HBO or Showtime could get Gilliam to do either Good Omens or The Defective Detective for them!! Big Grin
Around 1h25 here : http://www.filmotv.fr/magazine/fiche/ter.../6646.html
Gilliam talks again of his Defective Detective mini-series project and says he'd want Matt Damon for the main part !
At the 25th minute here Neil Gaiman says that there will be a tv mini-series for the BBC and that Terry Jones won't write it and Terry Gilliam won't "probably" direct it.
I'll watch anything as long as it has Terry's Magic Eyes, i. e. his trademark ulta wide-angle lenses and clever, unsettling camera angles. Even if it's on TV.
I hope Terry can turn The Defective Detective into a TV series. In recent years I've begun to think that his best hope for big projects are graphic novel or even animated adaptations. TV may offer another ray of hope.
Meanwhile, Neil Gaiman has filmed a secret announcement for the BBC, not to be divulged before "a few months".
(I suppose it's for a Good Omens tv series but it could be for anything and everyting, really)