Gilliam is working on it (again)
Maybe Phil has more info but I feel that the fact that this film will get made isn't 100% sure yet (anyway, Gilliam seems pretty cautious about it in his last interviews in atlanta).
A small new update :
Quote:“At the moment, I’ve got my two leads. And it’s just a question of the producer and their agents coming to an agreement.”
So we have to wait for the paperwork to be done.
Oooh!! Big Grin
Things aren't quite clear actually
Quote:Gilliam: “Today, I don’t know. I knew two days ago. Today I don’t know anymore. I got an e-mail the other night. So I’m not gonna say anything. Things are [Gilliam wavers his hands in the air]…gone liquid again. We shall see. It’s something for me to think about when I don’t have a job. That’s the important thing. A man’s gotta keep the mind occupied. And pretending is the best way there is to go through life.”
I'll make a bet on who will play the character of Toby Grosini.
My guess is Benedict Cumberbatch.
Because and because and because.
Huh. Terry's quote about "gone liquid" saying that Quixote is a past-time for "when I don't have a job" sounds like he's got a new offer for a dayjob direction that'll push Quixote still further back.
I don't think he'd let go of QUixote because he's offered something else. If The man who killed Don Quixote does'nt materialize it will be due to casting of budget problems.
In a recent interview, John Hurt said he's booked until may 2015 for a tv show so if Quixote is filming it won't be before next spring.
The film could be delayed yet again.
See the article here (page 3) : http://issuu.com/theolivepress/docs/issue_205_new
If anybody has further information, feel free to share it...
The vfx supervisor Alex Villagrasa gives a small update... Apparently everything is ready, there's just a bit of ironing to be made on the schedule :
Quote:"We have everything ready. We are awaiting confirmation of some of the actors in the film. It is well known faces who have a pretty busy schedule. It's difficult to balance dates. "
Apparently, all is going well actually, with Kinology selling the film to a bunch of distributors at the european film market :
Quote:In Berlin, Kinology has also closed a raft of sales on Terry Gilliam’s “Don Quixote” with Jack O’Connell (“Unbroken”) to Concorde Telemunchen for Germany/Austria, Warner for Spain, among others.